Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Take that, life!

Ravings: My husband is amazing! And not the, awe isn’t that sweet kind of amazing. More like the, did that really just happen or am I dreaming kind of amazing. Last night was spent fighting the lemons that life has decided to hurl at us. He didn’t make lemonade. He most decidedly demanded to see life’s manager (from Portal 2 video here)! It was kind of fantastic to witness.


My husband is a bowl full of awesome!


And as I’ve mentioned previously, a total hotty.



Cravings: One would think I could have whipped up some creamy lemon dish given the above post, but since I was busy feeling sorry for myself, while my husband was busy saving the day by going to pick up Chipotle, I have no dinner recipe to post. I am, however, convinced that I can replicate the barbacoa, so I’ll be working on that!

So that I wasn’t a complete failure at all things domestic, I did make some baked oatmeal that we had for breakfast. I got the recipe from lynnskitchenadventures.com through Pinterest. I made it last night and then put it in a bowl with some milk and microwaved it for 30 seconds this morning.

Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
(adapted from lynnskitchenadventures.com)

3 cups rolled oats
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp butter
½ cup almond butter
½ cup raisins

Mix all ingredients through vanilla together. Melt butter and almond butter together in microwave for 30-45 seconds until mixable. Then mix it in with the other ingredients until well combined. Stir in raisins. Spread in 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. (We totally overcooked this and it was still really good)

No comments: