Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ravings: So I’m finally getting around to posting the pictures from our photo shoot. You know…the one with the sweater, which by the way fits me after one washing where it took a trip in a high heat dryer! I think I’ve already mentioned, although it’s worth repeating, Jason didn’t even take his coat off! (Reminding myself that he doesn’t really like the spiced nuts and molasses sugar cookies I’m still obsessing over.)


It was such a fun day, and our photographer was amazing. His name is Joe Boyle, and I’m linking to his web page here, and his Facebook page here. Be sure to check out his work. It’s truly incredible. Anyway, here are a few of my favorites.

We think this one should be his first album cover!

And this is a rare smile. He wasn't happy to be doing this photo shoot, but he was such a good sport about the whole thing!


This is the one shot without a coat on Jason, but aren't we adorable!


My husband is a total hotty! I hope he doesn't figure that out.

Cravings: Last night was a “It’s ok if you don’t make this again” night. I love how he says that. Like he’s doing it for me. So cute. I think the problem was the chicken. It was the leftover, frozen chicken that I shredded off the citrus roasted chicken I made a while back. He’s not a fan of cooked citrus, so I think he might like this more if I used plain chicken. I’m calling it Thai inspired soup. I served it with candied figs over Greek yogurt.

Thai Inspired Soup

2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
1 Tbsp red curry paste
2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 cups coconut milk
4 cups water
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tsp lemongrass
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 cup green cabbage, chopped
2 cups shredded chicken
handful of rice noodles
Fresh basil to garnish
Sliced green onions to garnish

Saute the onion in the sesame oil until softened in a soup pot. Then add the rest of the ingrendients and simmer until the noodles are done. Garnish with basil and green onion.


Candied Figs over Greek Yogurt

4 figs, quartered
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinammon
Greek yogurt

Saute figs in butter, brown sugar, and cinammon for a few minutes, until brown sugar melts and blends with butter. Serve over Greek yogurt. I like the tang of plain, but you could also use vanilla or even honey.

No comments: