Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm sorry Mother Nature!

Ravings: I am completely convinced that Mother Nature hates me! As you know, I made the trip to the grocery store, and it was raining. Again! It seems to rain Every. Single. Time. Seriously?? Grocery shopping is unfun all by itself. Add rain and it’s akin to torture. Why does she do this to me? I’ve done nothing to her, or at least not on purpose. I’m green; I recycle, I eat organic, I upcycle as much as I can, I love the outdoors (when it’s not raining, of course), and I don't litter.

Here's my theory: I have threatened way too many times that I am going off the grid. I think she took me seriously and is mad that I am still a part of conventional society. It could be the SUV, but it is the smallest one available and gets pretty good gas mileage. I mean, it really could be worse.

She knows I hate unbrellas, and even if I didn’t how can I be expected to carry an umbrella while I’m pushing a grocery cart to my car? Someone please tell me what to do to make her love me?



Cravings: Given the above rant about my trip to the grocery store, which by the way, is on the complete opposite side of Cleveland, but they keep luring me in with these amazing coupons. Given the rain and the travel time, oh and the time it took Jason and I to unload and put away my restocking haul of groceries, it was 7pm before I even began to think about dinner. Ok that’s not entirely true, I thought about picking up something from the premade section at Earth Fare, which is incredible, and they let you sample whatever you want and however much you want. My sister and I did this the last time we were there. It was raining that day too, just so you know. However, it was Kids Eat Free night (storing that bit of info so that I can avoid grocery shopping on Thursday nights), and I couldn’t even get down the aisle that has the premade foods counter, so I quickly gave up that idea, thinking that I would come up with something to eat on my way home. That didn’t happen because I find it impossible to drive without making all my much needed phone calls (You could call this dangerous or you could call it clever multi-tasking. You decide.), so it became pizza night. I know, I know. It’s been a bad week for healthy eating at my house, but I did put a pork roast in the crock pot for tonight and my plan is to use that for 2 meals, so cut me some slack.

I did make a yummy smoothie for breakfast that I can share.

Pineapple-Coconut smoothie

2 scoops protein powder
1 cup frozen pineapple
2 cups coconut milk
Handful of mixed greens and spinach

Blend until smooth. Makes 2 servings.

No comments: