Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

My heaven is mundane!

So here I am Friday morning, sitting at work with my second cup of coffee, which in reality equals 4 cups because I have one of those huge coffee mugs, but some days I need an IV drip of coffee to get through the morning. As I was pondering what to write about I realized that the last 2 days have been, well normal and mundane. My first reaction is to panic because I don’t really have anything exciting to write about, but then I find this smile creeping up inside me. I crave normal and mundane in this wild hectic schedule of mine!

Wednesday evening I met my sister in North Olmsted for a chemical peel. (I can’t say facial anymore because Jason, who is really still just a 12 year old boy can’t stop himself from making a sexual comment each and every time I say the word, so I now have an aversion to it!) We had purchased them several months ago on Living Social (great concept, btw. Why didn’t I come up with that?) and haven’t been able to coordinate our schedules enough to schedule the appointment until now. Technically, the voucher had expired, but since we called a few weeks ago before it expired, they still let us use it! So, for an hour or so on Wednesday evening I got to be girly. Even as I write this, I have to stop and savor that moment!

Of course, after the appointment, it’s on to some errands. I tried to extend our girl time but my sister had to get home to the sitter! Her schedule is worse than mine! I admire, and envy, her energy! I run to Target to get Jason some socks because he had these dagger toenails that rip right through them. I have had socks for years. He goes through socks monthly! While I’m there I decide to pick up some food since I haven’t been to the grocery store in almost 2 weeks, and then I head home to hopefully eat and spend five minutes with my husband.

Last night was almost like heaven! I snuck out of work about ½ hour early and ran to the store to get Jason some pants. He has to dress up for work every day and clearly we haven’t been able to get the laundry done quickly enough each week because he’s been running out. He needs at least a week’s worth of clothes, since I have 2 closets full! I get home about an hour after he gets home and he’s sitting on the couch with Shadow. The two of them are all snuggled up under the blanket looking all cute and inviting that I just plopped down on the couch with them! He said that Shadow had decided tonight was a no projects night! I took a few minutes to just snuggle them both, and then I forced myself to go make dinner!



We had a sort of ground beef ragu over mashed potatoes and parsley root with a side of roasted veggies! It didn’t take me too long to make it and we settled in for a family night. CJ even sat down and watched The Office with us when he got home from work. I did have to make a menu plan and a grocery list, but surprisingly it didn’t take me very long and I was able to finish it while Jason was on the phone with his brother. We even got to bed early! I love these lazy, snuggly days of fall!

No comments: