Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Bad Day con't....

Ravings: The thing about bad moods, especially when you indulge them, is they are difficult to stop! Mine continued on through Sat, and if I’m being truly honest with myself, probably through most of Sunday also. I think there are still some remnants as I type these words this morning. Allowing that bitterness to creep out creates an emotional gap that allows the other stuff to surface. There are times I can be around children and I am totally fine. I can enjoy the moment and my aunt joy runs pure, but there are other times, like Saturday, when the grief comes bubbling up and overtakes my entire being. It feels like being punched in the throat, or what I imagine being punched in the throat feels like because I’ve never actually been punched in the throat. Thank God!


Came across this today and just wanted to say that I am so happy I’m not a boy!!! Man Gets Stuck in Baby Swing Overnight. Girls would just not do this!

Cravings: So, turns out there is a For Dummies book about Food Styling and Photography! There really is a For Dummies book about everything!

With the dark cloud following me around this weekend, I didn’t end up doing a lot of cooking. I did put something in the crock pot yesterday, but I ended up going on to dinner with my girlfriends so I have no idea how it tasted. It was similar to the one from the end of last week. Added one chopped onion, 3 chopped yellow beets, 2 chopped carrots, several leaves of chopped kale, small handful of chopped dried apricots, ½ cup of lentils (I had to use the French ones again because it’s what I had.), ½ cup of wild rice, about a teaspoon or so each of turmeric, cinnamon, allspice, basil, thyme, and ground chipotle pepper. Covered with water and left it on high for the day. I’m not sure what time they ate it because I wasn’t home.

No comments: