Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Lessons in life

Ravings: So, apparently I came off a little harsher than I intended. Given that, I would like to publically apologize to CJ. He really is a good kid. He’s had a tough upbringing and that’s really what bothers me the most and I should have made that more clear. And he is just a teenager. I’m really proud of him for telling me that the blog post upset him, and quite flattered that he’s reading it (what teenage boy wants to listen to some middle aged lady whine about life!) and really impressed that he felt comfortable enough to come to me and tell me how he was feeling! Sometimes screw ups can lead to really good conversation.
Cravings: We went to a family dinner last night, so no cooking for me. Sometimes it's nice to have a night off and let someone else do the work. I had a great time with my new family. Thank God for comfort food, wine (although not good wine! love you Suzy!), and great company.
My sister and I are headed out in a little bit to spend the weekend with my dad. My step-mom is out of town and I'm really looking forward to having some daddy-daughter time. It doesn't matter how old I get, daddy is still daddy! We have some yummy dinners planned though, so I will return with a couple good cravings if all goes well.

No comments: