Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Smile. Snap. Got it!

Ravings: We officially made it through the family pictures alive. Jason did of course ask me at least twice why we were having pictures taken again, but he was a pretty good sport considering we were outside in the cold for several hours on Sunday. And I did reward them with dinner at Red Robin. Jason loves there Bleu Ribbon Burger. I introduced him to the concept of putting blue cheese on burgers and/or steaks and he is now obsessed with it. Add the endless fries and he’s in heaven. I’ll post a couple of the pictures when we get them back. It was a fun day!

Besides the weekend being entirely too short and having a to do list that could last me through the first part of 2012 but has to be done by Christmas, I really have very little to rave about today. The holidays are a rough time of year, and I’m sure I will experience some depression and bitterness, but today I am good. I would even say happy! I know....Why did I put that it print? I've just doomed myself.


Cravings: Despite feeling like I didn’t stop moving this weekend, I didn’t actually do a ton of cooking. Thursday night we had Chicken Noodle Soup, which was homemade, but I took it out of the freezer and since I had made it before I re-started my blog, I didn’t write down the recipe. I'll work on coming up with one.

I went out to a late work lunch on Friday, so I didn’t make anything for dinner. I made the boys fend for themselves. I think they ended up eating cereal. See what happens when I don't cook.

Saturday I spent the day with my sister and her daughters. We took them to see Arthur Christmas, so dinner consisted of the largest tub of popcorn I’ve ever seen, a bag of twizzlers, and a diet coke. We did split the popcorn with three little girls, but we were both sick by the time we got home! Movie theater popcorn is the devil.

I did, however, leave the boys dinner, already made and ready to be popped in the oven. They both reported that it was “really good.” Not sure what to call it. Baked Squash or Noodleless lasagna. Either way, incredibly easy and reportedly boy approved. They forgot to take a picture though!

Baked Squash/Noodleless lasagna

2 cups zucchini, chopped
2 cups yellow squash, chopped
½ sweet onion, chopped
1 can great northern beans, drained
1 small can V-8 juice (or the equivalent of tomato juice/sauce)
1 T dried basil
1 T dried oregano
1 T garlic salt
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated

Mix all the ingredients together in a oven proof dish. I covered it with aluminum foil and left it in the fridge for the boys to heat up that night. They cooked it for about 20 minutes at 350.

No comments: