Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Has anyone seen my sanity?

Ravings: It’s official. I’ve lost my mind. Not only did I finish the baby blankets last night, but I made dinner, did laundry, and started doing P90 again. Where did I find all that energy? I need to figure out the source and bottle it. Seriously, there are days I can’t even manage to walk upstairs to pee. I just sit on the couch in misery praying for a first floor bathroom to magically appear. If I had the bottled energy, think of all the crap I could get done. The possibilities are truly mind boggling.


So here are my super cute, and really cheap, baby blanket Christmas presents for my nieces. I am totally pinning myself for these! (What? You don’t know what I’m talking about. Follow this link, but only if you are looking for a completely obsessive time sucker. Seriously. Do not come back here and say I didn't warn you!)



Dinner will be described in painful detail below!

Do you seriously want a picture of my laundry??? Ok, in all fairness, I didn’t do ALL the laundry, but we did wash, dry and put away the towels, as well as re-dry 2 loads of clothes, fold it and put it all away. Why did we re-dry two loads you ask? That’s what I should have taken a picture of. CJ’s idea of folding clothes equates to wadding everything in an individual ball and jamming it in the laundry basket. In all fairness, I did tell him I would finish ours so he could do his and I forgot. I guess I should be grateful it didn’t get thrown on the basement floor!

And then the P90….First, ouch. To everything. It’s day one and I feel like I’ve worked just about every muscle in my body. Even some I didn’t remember having. Second, what was I thinking? We’ve done this before and lasted approximately a week and a half. It’s 90 days. 90! Do your realize that's 3 straight months? I recall that after the first week of doing this the first time, neither of us could really move anything. It hurt just to lie in bed. And yet, I’m trying it again. So clearly I have lost my sanity. I think it might be easier, and more enjoyable, to just stop eating. And we all know how much I love eating. This workout kicks my ass. And it’s not even P90X. I think that would literally kill me.

My goal is to make it at least 2 weeks before throwing in the towel, but I really would like to finish it. I am woefully out of shape, and I am terrified that I will someday be that lady on The People of Walmart. Seriously. Terrified. And it was either this or give up sugar. Check back in a couple weeks if you are looking for some free baking supplies!

Cravings: I was really afraid that after forcing Jason to suffer through the P90 workout, he would not be happy with last night’s dinner offering of Stuffed Acorn Squash with Creamy Polenta, but he actually liked it. He had seconds. (He also ate some peanut butter right out of the jar, but that was after he ate more squash!) I also made Quick Chocolate Pudding for dessert. I think I found this recipe on Pinterest (I warned you that it will take over your life!), but now I can’t find the link, so I can’t give credit to the rightful owner. I hate when I do that. I’ll give you the recipe because it is so simple, but know that I didn’t create this and I will try to find the original source.


Stuffed Acorn Squash

½ cup chopped red onion
¼ cup matchstick carrots
1 red pepper, chopped
½ cup shredded cabbage
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 T cherry balsamic vinegar (use can use regular)
½ T dried sage
½ T dried oregano
Salt to taste

Saute onion and carrot until softened a bit. Add red pepper, cabbage, tomato and rest of ingredients. Turn to low while preparing the squash. Cut ends off squash just so they sit level. Cut in half and clean out seeds. Put stuffing in/on squash in a baking pan. Put a bit of water in bottom of pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 until squash is soft. Top with creamy polenta to serve.

Creamy Polenta

2 cups water
1 cup polenta
2-3 T heavy cream
½ cup gorgonzola cheese
½ T dried sage
Salt to taste

Boil water. Stir in polenta. Lower heat and cook for several minutes until soft and thickened. Turn off heat and add other ingredients, stirring to incorporate. Serve immediately.

Quick chocolate pudding (I forgot to take a picture. Sorry! I could barely move after that workout.)

½ cup sugar
¼ cup cocoa
3 T cornstarch
1/8 t salt
2 cups milk
1 t vanilla

Combine first 4 ingredients. Wisk in milk until smooth. Microwave uncovered one minute at a time, stirring/wisking after each minute until thick. Let it cool. Refridgerate. And enjoy! Jason put whipped cream on it, of course. This was after the peanut butter, fyi. I don’t think he gets the concept of doing P90!

No comments: