Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Just want to type "pee" again....

Ravings: Being sick sucks. I spent all day, and I literally mean all day, in bed. Shadow is such a trooper on these days. He will just lie there, staring at me (I know he’s hoping I’ll close my eyes so he can pee on me!), eventually give up and go back under the covers for as long as he can, and then crawl back out to start all over with the staring. He will occasionally whine, and that’s when I know it’s an emergency, but he still tries to soldier through, and will venture back under the blanket for another 20 minutes or so. Then the under the covers whining signals the “I really have to pee, but I am trying so hard not to make you get up, but maybe my whining will make you feel guilty enough to just tell me to pee on the carpet.” Don’t laugh! I did this once. I totally lifted up the covers and said to him “I’m sorry. I will die if I stand up, so pee wherever you want.” And I meant it at the moment, although I am eternally grateful that he didn’t take me up on it. I have no idea how he did it, but I think he went like 48 hours without relieving himself.

Now don’t be getting all proud of him and jealous that he’s such an awesome dog because he’s also peed on the couch because I left him in the house for 20 minutes while I was in the yard. He has gotten better as he’s gotten older, but Italian Greyhounds are notoriously difficult to potty train, especially once it gets cold. He would sell his soul, and mine, to be able to pee inside once the temperature falls below 65. I can’t say I blame him!

On Sunday, I took my nieces to see a movie. The 5 year old would tell you that we saw The Muffets. She’s too stinkin cute! In my sickened delirious state, I forgot that EVERYONE IN THE WORLD would be at the mall, which is where the movie theater is. So we are driving around the parking lot, praying to any god who will listen to let us find a spot. I know there is one who’s got to understand the enormous undertaking it is to take a 5 year old and 7 year old to a movie. But there are absolutely no spaces. We just keep driving as I’m secretly getting desperate, but am trying to make it an adventure, when the 7 year old says “We need Uncle Jason with us.” “Why’s that?” I say. “He has parking mojo.” she states matter of factly. Now, I need to tell you that he really does. We can go anywhere and he will find a spot. Up front. It’s kinda weird. But I sort of laugh and say “Yes we do.” Then she says “What’s mojo?” I love her!

Cravings: I’ve been sick, so get off my back! I can’t remember the last time I turned my oven on. I can’t remember that last time I had real food. I ate cottage cheese with beets for lunch!

No comments: