Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The best laid plans

Ravings: Sometimes the current of life is just way to strong to fight. Or at least that’s my excuse for being behind in blogging! But seriously, it’s been a whirlwind of busyness the past few days. Fri was an after work poker tournament, then game night at a friend’s house. Saturday was house cleaning day and then we took a nap, which extended itself into the evening and foiled our date night plans. We had Chipotle and watched a movie. We’ve already established that this technically counts as a date, but we had planned to go to Bistro on Lincoln Park in Tremont, so it was a step down.

Sunday, my wonderful husband bought 2 tickets to the Food Show, which included tickets to the wine tasting and to see Michael Symon, for my birthday. He had no desire to go and told me the second ticket was for my sister! Told you he is wonderful. We had a great time. Better than I expected, actually. I mean, seriously, what’s better than free grazing, free wine, and watching the real king of Cleveland cook?

For the next couple nights, I am staying at my sisters, so evening activities and cooking will be all about children. Last night we played Wii bowling and went to be at 9pm. Kinda nice actually!

Cravings: Since I haven’t done any cooking in the last several days, I decided to be like Oprah and share some of my favorite things. All cooking and food related of course!
  • Jeni's Ice Cream. Any flavor! I haven't tried them all, but everything I've sampled so far is sublime. I was first introduced through her signature flavor, Salty Caramel, but have since tried several others. You really can't go wrong!
  • Annie's Green Goddess dressing. I could drink this stuff. I have figured out how to make my own because my grocery store stopped carrying it, but it's always nice to have on hand for that quick, easy meal. And it's organic.
  • Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch lists. You can print a pocket guide for your region or for all of them, which I had for a while. But when I got my iphone, I downloaded the app, so now I can just look stuff up when I'm at the store. We try to eat sustainably.
  • Pampered Chef garlic press. I have had mine for years and I still love it. The link is to a friend's Pampered Chef site.
  • Cooking Light magazine. I have been a subscriber for probably close to 10 years. It's where I get my inspiration and have learned many techniques.

I want to come up with a new layout. This is getting kinda boring. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

No comments: