Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2007

A question of sanity?

I had a date with “amazing man” last night. He was in a great mood and was exceptionally affectionate. For all of you that are cheering, this is a double-edged sword! As much as I try to thwart the wave of thoughts, they fill my brain like a flood. “Are we moving forward?” “Is it enough?” “Will he pull back again?” “Should I be patient, give him time to figure out what he wants?” “How long is too long to wait?” “Am I waiting for something that isn’t going to happen?” “I’m not willing to give up my dreams!” “Can I really do this alone?”

Let me repeat that last one. “Can I really do this alone?” That’s really what it boils down to. I know all of the intellectual arguments, and the reality is; Yes, I can do this alone. Women do it all the time. The question is really a matter of fear! Or maybe it’s insanity! Or fear of insanity! Let’s face it, what sane person chooses to do this alone????

No comments: