Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Human Spirit

I really can’t explain why, but I have a sense of peace for the last week. There are moments of anxiety about what the results will be, but I have not been completely focused on it. I decided to just go on about my life. Some of you may disagree with this, but I went out to dinner with a friend the day after the insemination and decided to have a glass of wine. Had I been getting pregnant the traditional way, that probably would have occurred so I went with it. I won’t drink this week because the fetus will be implanting at this point. I think that one decision made it easier!

I did have the progesterone level blood test on Monday and my level was fine. I guess that’s good news, although I’m not really sure what it means. I will have to get some details then next time I speak to one of the nurses.

My current mood is surprisingly optimistic!

3 comments:

Woobieizer said...

Not surprised at all for the decision to live life one day at a time..the alternative would be to lived caged in expectation, so best to enjoy your dinner and friendship. So what is the verdict? Are we all virtual godparents yet?

Unknown said...

In the spirit of living one day at a time, I decided not to test early this round, so I don't have a verdict as of yet. We should know in the next day or two however. I'm expecting to not get my period in the next 24 hours!

Woobieizer said...

Everybody set your egg timers...